Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

I Could Save Myself Time If I...


1. Used disposable diapers instead of cloth (which I have to wash, dry & fold twice weekly).
2. Used paper napkins, instead of cloth (which are washed, dried and folded every week).
3. Hired a housecleaner instead of stepping over our messes day after day until I have time to clean.
4. Used paper plates instead of pottery (which must be washed or put in the dishwasher, dried & put away every day).
5. Used the microwave to make our meals instead of the toaster oven, stove, oven, pan, pot or wok (the involved dishes of which must be washed or put in the dishwasher, dried & put away every day).
6. Purchased baked goods in the grocery store instead of creating baking projects with my children.
7. Stopped baking, slicing, shaping, designing, researching recipes, searching for the best for our family's individual dietary needs and trying to plan our meals.
6. Bought boxed, frozen and canned meals, instead of cooking fresh for every meal.
7. Stayed away from the Internet.
8. Didn't make nightly reading a priority.
9. Stopped blogging.
10. Stopped reading others' blogs.
11. Had a husband at home.
12. Didn't work at night.
13. Lived in the same county as my mother.
14. Stopped caring for my neighbors.

So, is it really the fact that my children are home with me that is creating my stress, as some have suggested, or is it that I cloth diaper, and am an environmental whacko who recycles every gum wrapper?

No comments: