Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Army Pilot's Advent...ure.

I was leading the Advent devotional when Logan suddenly piped up: "No, I cannot fly my Army plane right now--I'm doing Advent!"

His dinner fork was against his ear like a phone.

I was so caught off guard that I laughed & laughed & laughed. I think that was a much better response than to scream at him, "Logan, we are in the middle of learning about Jesus' love and peace! Would you please stop fooling around!?!?" Amen?

The verses tonight quoted Jesus assuring us that when we seek, we will find; when we knock, he will answer. The verses are about our rest as part of Christ's family--where we can be ourselves without being berated or criticized. So wonderfully, Christ is changing me through this Advent season to become more like him with my children. Hallelujah!!

May it last!

Matthew 7: 7&8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

No comments: