Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh, Bother.

It's Winnie The Pooh Day, and I forgot to send out cards.



Oh, Bother.

So, in honor of this day, I leave you with some quotations from A.A. Milne or Pooh, himself, for some special friends & family:

To a special little friend of ours in Richmond:
"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

For one of my dearest friends, in Connecticut, who is a Major Pooh Fan, and is struggling with a recurrence of cancer:
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."

For my sister, who will understand this, not in relation to the two of us, but regarding our other family members:
"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don't."

For my cousin with dyslexia:
"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."

For my children, especially since we got five inches of snow yesterday:
"The more it snows (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
On snowing. And nobody knows (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
Are growing."

For my dear friends all over the country, as a reminder that it always takes two to stay in touch:
"You can't stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes."

And, since it always nice to give yourself a little something, here's one for me:
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

No comments: