Friday, March 27, 2009

I know I'll be okay...

I wrote in February about a recent Sunday on my knees in prayer, then worship without my family in a poignant concert the same day. The following weekend, I went on a women's retreat. The theme of my life during that week was Ripping Out the Roots, and I don't mean the grey hairs that are becoming more obvious day after day!

I've written about this issue (anger) often on my Evil Twin Sister Site, but wanted to post, here, that I'm really doing GREAT! I feel like that spiritual surgery was sucessful. I still get ticked off at my kids (there are still good reasons for frustration, as there always will be, I imagine), but it seems to me that the Darkness has been chased away. Anything in me now, I own. None of what remains belongs to my dad, my paternal grandma, or her dad.

I haven't tried to blame anyone for my personal decisions, but only tried to comprehend the origin of the darkest parts of me. Once I fully owned the issue and made a conscious decision to Take It Out I have felt an incredible lightness!

As I was pulling into the parking lot tonight, my newly favorite song, "Brand New Day" came on satellite XM's station, The Coffee House. I quoted Radin recently, after the death of a close family friend, and he is becoming a favorite! Tonight, his music related to me. We have some exciting things going on in our lives right now, including my healing, and I feel this song so fully!

As the Ultimate Blog Party '09 draws to a close, I hope you can sing this out loud, up to the clouds, with all of your soul & believe it for yourself, too! It is a brand new day!!


(c) Josh Radin
"Brand New Day"

Some kind of magic
Happens late at night
When the moon smiles down at me
And bathes me in its light.

I fell asleep beneath you
In the tall blades of grass.
When I woke the world was new.
I never had to ask.

It's a brand new day.
The sun is shinning.
It's a brand new day.
For the first time in such a long, long time
I know I'll be okay.

Most kind of stories
Save the best part for last.
And most stories have a hero who finds
You make your past your past.
Yeah, you make your past your past.


It's a brand new day.
The sun is shinning.
It's a brand new day.
For the first time in such a long, long time
I know I'll be okay.

This cycle never ends.
Gotta fall in order to mend.

It's a brand new day.
It's a brand new day.
For the first time in such a long, long time
I know I'll be okay.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad you stopped by my blog.
Don't forget to stop by again. I am going to have a "card box" giveaway every month. This drawing will be the last day of April.
Every comment you leave throughout the month will enter your name in the drawing, so if you visit several times and leave several comments, you will have a better chance to win. This NEW blogger was so touched by all the comments I got on the Blog Party, that I decided to make this a monthly GIFT...
Also, if you link to my blog telling about the monthly giveaway, you will have your name entered 10 extra times...How is that for an incentive?
I was so blown away by all the responses that I wanted to email each person personally, but TIME...has not permitted..but I did love reading all of them..I am continuing to introduce my family members and then there will be some fun blogs coming up from Disney World in May. I am so thankful for all my new friends.