Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Defeat...or not!

My challenging son has taken me to the end of myself. I find I have no creativity, little joy, and barely even a foundation of energy to make it through this new day. However, I poured my salty tears out on my floor last night--twice--and I know this with all of my heart--the Holy Spirit intervened on my behalf, and Jesus heard me.

I do not feel refreshed this morning--I didn't sleep enough last night. I do not feel energetic this morning--the memory of yesterday is too profoundly present. What I do feel is hopeful, even in my exhaustion, because I stand on the Word of God, which makes so many promises to me. First is that when I am weak, He is strong (1 Corinthians 4:10). No, no, not "he," Logan (although, certainly he is STRONG!)! No. I am talking about my God! My God is bigger than my weakness! This firm faith I have carries me through my scratchiest & most painful moments.

I wrote an article about this very issue that was just published in the July 2009 edition of My Friend Debbie, today, called "Hope in His Hands." The bottom line, if you don't have time right now to pop over there to read the entire piece (though I highly recommend it!), is this:

" I am not capable of overriding God's plan for my children. I will do my very best to be a good mom to them, and some days I will soar as the best mom they or any child could have! But, other days I may be their “worst enemy”—or even my own--working against the plan of God! However, I am not capable of defeating God's plan. This is the hopeful message I have to share with myself today--and with you. Even on my son's most miserable day, he was still created with a purpose. This message is for everyone!

I think that's all I have to say about that. I'm going to follow Dr. Laura Schlessinger's advice now, throw out vanity (my eyes are puffy & I look ten years older today), and, instead, "Go, take on the day!"


No comments: