Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Last Time I Saw You...

Teagan was asleep beside me, where she'd fallen, quite exhausted, last night. Daddy chose the couch so she & I could cuddle in the queen size bed. Her hair was all over her face as she began to wake, and I stroked her face. She popped up and said, "Hey! Last time I saw you were..." (something I have now forgotten). It was the way she started her sentence, "Hey!" that caused me to respond.

"Hey! Last time I saw you you had hair in your face!"

Then she said, "Last time I saw you, your eyes were closed."

And I retorted, "Well, the last time I saw you, you were zonked!"

We went on for about 15 minutes coming up with one funnier thing after another. It was a blast! I highly recommend this new game we just made up--it's likely to become part of our morning routine & family culture now. Just start thinking of things you might actually say to someone you haven't seen in a long time.

"Last time I saw you was at our high school reunion!"

"Last time I saw you, you just barely made your plane!"

"Last time I saw you, you were covered in clown makeup."

...you were pregnant!

...you were in labor!

...there was a torrential downpour.

...you were being chased by that bear!!

HA HA! The possibilities are endless! It's great for catching someone off-guard when they appear to need something fun to do--like waiting in line; driving on a long trip somewhere; just waking up . . . The application is also universal.

Well, it's a new one for us. I'm looking forward to being surprised around the corner by my sweet girl's funny answers.

"Hey! Last time I saw you, you were fully naked!"

"Last time I saw you, you had just been born!"

"Last time I saw you, you were bald!"

"Last time I saw you was at your wedding!"

These are some that we exchanged this morning. You could add the element we started to add at the end--the answers have to come quickly, and cannot be repeats. The game ends after you lose three points (points can be lost when the player takes too long to respond, repeats something the other player said, or uses something crass that seems inappropriate).

"Wow! Last time I saw you, you were only 6 years old!"

"Last time I saw you, we were on safari in Africa!"

"The last time I saw you, you were dressed like an orangutan!"

"Oh! The last time I saw you was at the hospital, getting stiches!"

Oh, and one last rule, it's even better if you choose something you're not actually doing at the time. The funnier & more imaginative, the longer the game will last.

"The last time I saw you, you were lifting off in that hot air balloon!"

"The last time I saw you, your boat was sinking!"

"The last time I saw you, you were blogging after midnight..."




No comments: